Southeast Missouri State University
Founded in 1873, Southeast Missouri State University has a proud history of excellence in education. First founded as a teacher’s college, the institution has grown into a comprehensive University with more than 150 academic programs in five colleges.
Southeast Missouri State University is the most academically competitive regional university with a comprehensive educational program. This University was established in one thousand eight hundred and seventy-third year, and offers 200 educational programs, has a separate building for arts, dancing, music and theater. In this university about 12,000 students study annually, and its size allows students to learn effectively and perform the out-of-class work. The capacity of audiences range from 25 to 35 students and the overall ratio of students through faculties is 20 to 1. Students come from almost all 50 states and from all around the world.
Why should one choose Southeast Missouri State University?
Southeast Missouri State University offers more than 200 different educational programs ranging from accounting to zoology.
Optional program of enhanced preparation
Students who wish to study in small groups and have special privileges such as the ability to conduct student research, will be interested in the optional program of enhanced preparation by Jane Stephens.
- Language training (for students who do not meet the minimum passing score)
- Undergraduate degree
- Master’s degree
- Donald L. Harrison College of Business
- College of Education
- College of Health and Human Services
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Science, Technology and Agriculture
- Holland School of Visual & Performing Arts
- School of Graduate Studies
- School of University Studies
- Office of the Provost
- Extended Learning
- Academic Information Services & Kent Library
- Agribusiness - Agriculture Industry
- Agribusiness - Livestock
- Agribusiness - Horticulture
- Agribusiness - plant & soil science
- Business & Marketing
- Commercial photo
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer science
- Computer technology
- Criminal Justice
- Health Department
- Historic Preservation
- Hotel Management
- International Business
- Management - Entrepreneurship
- Management - Human Resource Management
- Marketing - Integrated Marketing Communication
- Sales Management - Marketing
- Mass Communication - Advertising
- Mass Communication - Multimedia Journalism
- Mass Communication - Public Relations
- Mass communication - Television & Film
- Mathematics - Applied Mathematics and Statistics
- Mathematics - Pure Mathematics
- Musical Education - Instrumental Music
- Musical Education - Vocal music
- Physical Culture
- Social Sciences
Southeast Missouri State University is one of the best colleges in the US (according to US News and World Report), as well as one of the most affordable universities in the Midwest.
There are several ways to save considerably while studying:
- University Scholarship
Size of the scholarship: $ 2,000 applied to interim charges ($ 1,000 for one semester)
- Presidential Scholarship
Size of the scholarship: $ 4000 applied to interim charges ($ 2,000 for one semester).
Requirements for admission process to the university:
- Official Transcripts or certified/attested copies of the original documents.
- Affidavit of Support AND Financial Verification
- Verification of English proficiency
- TOEFL (IBT) - 61 – bachelor degree
- IELTS - 5.5 – bachelor degree
- TOEFL (IBT) - 79 – master’s degree
- IELTS - 6.0 – master’s degree
- Copy of the foreign passport
Deadline for applications - June 1, 2016
Start: Spring (January) / fall (August) 2016